The School Board of the City of Virginia Beach voted to name Dr. Donald Robertson Jr. as superintendent at its meeting Jan. 23. A native of Hampton Roads, Dr. Robertson began his career as a math teacher with Virginia Beach City Public Schools (VBCPS) in 1988 and progressed in leadership roles including assistant principal of Bayside High School, principal of Salem High School, chief strategy and innovation officer, chief schools officer, chief of staff and acting superintendent.
Please click on the appropriate form(s) below to fill out the required attendance form:
- To request an early release use the Early Release Form
- To report an absence use the Reporting Absence Form
If you have any questions, please email the attendance associate at KellamAttendance@vbschools.com or call 757.648.5105.
- Know Kellam High School’s Attendance Guidelines and Procedures
- School Board Polices and Procedures
- Encourage your student’s attendance and inform them of the impact it makes for a successful academic year.
- Communicate with your student’s Administrator, School Counselor or Teacher if you notice sudden changes in behavior or have issues that can potentially cause attendance issues.
- Check on your student’s attendance periodically. To access your student’s attendance profile, log into Parent Portal or ParentVue Mobile App.
- Provide parent verification of absences, by completing the electronic Kellam Absence Form at the top of the page to prevent Unverified Absences (UNV).
- Please contact the Attendance Office if you have any questions at 757.648.5105 or email KellamAttendance@vbschools.com
Reporting Absences due to COVID or COVID Exposure - Please contact School Nurse and Attendance
Please verify student’s absence by filling out the Reporting Absence Form or sending an email to KellamAttendance@vbschools.com with the following information:
- Student's Full Name
- Student ID #
- Date(s) of Absence
- Block(s) of Absence/All Day
- Reason for the absence(s)
Students may not leave campus for any reason without an off-campus authorization. Off-campus requests must be requested through the Early Release Form. All requests submitted prior to 7:20 am will be verified with a parent or guardian prior to release by the student by phone call or the email on file. Any requests after 7:20 am for those students who drive themselves must be done by obtaining authorization directly through an Administrator. Parents/Guardians signing students out for Early Release must present proof of identity such as a valid driver's license at the Front Security Desk. Students will not be released via phone call requests or via email request.
All students who leave early are required to sign out at the Front Security Desk using the QR code located at the front desk before they leave the school building.
We cannot release a student from class prior to the arrival of the authorized adult as they must go through proper release format.
Authorized adults other than parent or custodial guardian must be on the student’s emergency contact list. To add an adult to this list, please call 757.648.5111. Authorized adults must be at least 18 years of age and cannot be a student at Kellam High School.
If a student is caught out of class or off-campus without authorization, they will be referred to an Administrator.